Portland Youth Dance auditioned dancers in September. We are thrilled to welcome 28 new and returning dancers to PYD for the 2020/2021 season!
- Fall into Art at Collective Motion Arts Center – October
- Casco Bay Movers Holiday Show for Film – December
- CLIMB – video project with Minneapolis based choreographer, Tristan Koepke – January/February
- PYD Show – Westbrook Performing Arts Center – June
Support our resident, non-profit, youth company by voting for PYD through the Better Neighbor Fund: http://portlandyouthdance.org/better-neighbor-fund-voting-now-open/
Community Classes: October 17th, 2020 – November 21st, 2020 | Saturdays 11:15 am-12:15 pm | Casco Bay Movers This class is open to 6-16-year-olds. Pre-registration is required via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
About PYD: Portland Youth Dance was founded in 1998, in recognition of the need to provide intermediate and advanced level young dancers with the opportunity for performance without competition. Portland Youth Dance is a non-profit organization housed in Casco Bay Movers Dance Studio. PYD is comprised of four youth dance companies and crews and a community dance program.
Company: For High Intermediate and Advanced Dancers, ages 12 & up, by audition. The class requirement is a minimum of one ballet class, two additional technique classes such as modern, jazz, contemporary, hip hop, or tap per week at Casco Bay Movers or another studio. Rehearsals are held on Saturdays, 12:30-4:30 pm, from September to June.
Crew: For Intermediate and Advanced Hip Hop Dancers, ages 12 & up, by audition. The class recommendation is one hip hop class per week and one additional class such as freestyle hip hop, modern, jazz, contemporary, or tap Casco Bay Movers or at another studio. Rehearsals will be held on Fridays, 4-6 pm, from September to June.
PYD 2: For beginning and intermediate dancers ages 10 & up. Dancers will work in various forms which will include hip hop, modern, and jazz. One additional class is required. Rehearsals will be held on Wednesdays, 3:45-5 pm, from September to June.
- All PYD members are expected to participate in community classes, community building, and fundraising. This supports our mission statement and is expected of all members. Performance, community classes, travel, and additional educational opportunities are offered to all members of PYD.
- Auditions are held in the late spring and early fall. The season runs from September to June.
- Need-based scholarships are available and there is no fee to audition!
Portland Youth Dance does not discriminate by race, gender, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or age. This is expressed in equal opportunities for participation and involvement. We believe in a diverse world and know that our community is stronger when our doors are open to all.